Thursday, February 07, 2008

Who am I?

I wonder if when God saw how much Moses cared for 'His People'... even though he went too far in murdering the Egyptian.... God said.... I like his passion. I can use this guy.... or.... if God knew (like when he picked Saul) picking a tarnished vessel is my Modus Operandi, God is still in the using tarnished vessel business.... I am a great example of this.

11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"

I'm sure God was thinking..... EXACTLY! Now go!

Mark 1611When they heard that Jesus was alive and that she had seen him, they did not believe it.

Why? How can these guys been such dim bulbs? They've seen the miracles.... Peter has said, "you are the Christ, son of the One true God", Jesus himself has told them he will be raised on the third day.....so the fact that it caught them by surprise, would have been ok....I guess, but when Mary Magdalene told them...they DID NOT BELIEVE IT. I think about our own sin (yes sin) of disbelief, and I get it. If we truly believed....would we have trouble with telling others, would we be so prideful that we would even consider how we looked? Heck, we aren't even persecuted yet we are worried about how we will be treated.

Maybe this is why I am so shocked at the disciples disbelief.... because I call myself a follower (a disciple) yet i suffer from the same thing.

God please forgive our sin of unbelief.

No comments: