Friday, February 29, 2008

Thank God for a New Covenant

Exodus 19:5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. I just thought it interesting that God, as He does, initiated this covenant with Israel to prove that there was a need for a New Covenant. The Ten Commandments dont stand a document to uphold so that we attain holiness....it is set of requirements to make us recognize our need for a Savior and a New Covenant.

Jeremiah 31:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD.

"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

Luke 16:13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Anytime money is mentioned in the Bible, I perk up. Materialism, I must admit, is still something I struggle with. I agree totally with, you cannot serve both God and money. God used circumstances in my life to get my attention 12 years ago....it was that painful time in my life that really made me lean on God. I have thanked God many times for that time...and the people involved for acting, according to his will and purpose. I thank Him for the comfort I found in the truths of the Bible and the Godly council i sought out...and actually listened to. That may have been the biggest miracle in this whole thing is me listening to someone.....but God did rattle my foundation.

Over time, God made me really understand more, how to rely on Him than my own ability to make money. God totally provided a way through His people for me to be able to serve at ANC. I continue to be humbled as people still, send a card, with support and notes of encouragement. God continues to impress on the hearts of others to remember us, although we are out of sight for most of the folks that DO support us. My provision it totally of the Lord. My ability to do anything to make money is, at this point, in God's hands....as it always has been...I just never realized it.

No comments: