Monday, February 25, 2008

Little Flock

13 "In your unfailing love you will lead
the people you have redeemed.

You know what is so amazing about this....I had like a WELL DUH moment on this. Of course God is going to lead, he loves us....he loves us enough to redeem us. Redeeming mankind to himself, he paid the ultimate price, Jesus. God does care for us enough to lead us and want us to do and be apart of amazing things, like walking on water. Last night was a perfect example. You guys have been a large part of this effort, through your prayer and support and encouragement you guys have been a part of a work in me personally. My Yorktown family is always going to be special to me....I was allowed to cut my ministerial teeth there....but what is encouraging me even more now than ever is seeing guys like you, respond to needs, and stepping up YOUR GAME. There is so much to do, and you all have a part. Don't let the world dictate what your week looks like. Let your Kingdom focus dictate what your work week looks like.

32"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I love the term, little flock. It is very endearing. I know Jesus is speaking to the disciples here.....but I can hear him saying it to our churches....little flock, dont worry. This comes right after, "seek first the kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and all thes things will added to as well"....and I feel these verses tie perfectly together this morning. Maybe its because I have seen God's hand and provision in our church, maybe because God's provision is unfolding in my life personally, or maybe I see God caring for people in general...as i pay more attention. And like what vs. 34 is saying....when we are Kingdom focussed, our heart becomes more Kingdom minded.

God, you are awesome and you are good. Thanks for redeeming me for your glory. Thanks for allowing me to serve you and providing for me and my family. I trust you. Amen

No comments: