Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Brood

13 Now the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron about the Israelites and Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he commanded them to bring the Israelites out of Egypt.
God didn't ask them, he didn't beg them, he didn't hint that this might be a god thing for them to do. God is purposeful, He isn't wishy washy, He doesn't leave any room for doubt or interpretation......He doesnt leave wiggle room, HE commands Moses and Aaron to bring the Isrealites out of Egypt.
So many times we convolute what God has told us and we know to be true and in line with the Character of God. We ask for signs and confirmatons when we know in our hearts what God has told us. Here....God actually speaks and commands Moses and Aaron what to do. Why does Moses believe his 'faltering lips' factor into the equation at all. Why do we .... keep coming back to our short-comings when we know God is directing us to do something? God is magnified in our short-comings.

Luke 3
"You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

Interesting to me, that John used the same terminology that Jesus used, when referring to the Pharisees. John is preaching about the coming of the Messiah.... and I bet these same Pharisees are coming to be baptized as an outward 'act' of righteousness...and John is telling them their hearts arent right. Johns baptizing was a look forward.....toward the one who baptized with the Holy Spirit and with fire. John questions their intent when he asks them....Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Have they heard about the wrath...and are just positioning themselves. Well, its quite apparent by John's lambasting that God isn't interested in our silly notions of doing things in order to attain righteousness.

God, forgive me when my intentions are incorrect. When I become self reliant, or prideful. God thank you that you sent Jesus, your son as an atoning sacrifice for my sins. I declare that HE alone is more than enough. God, be glorified in my short-comings. I hope that you will use me...so that I may hear one day...."well done, good and faithful servant.....enter".

No comments: