Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In Due Time

Exodus 7:4 he (Pharaoh) will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites.

The cool thing here, is God chose to harden Pharaohs heart for His purposes and make it abundantly clear that GOD WILL BRING his people out of Egypt. God didnt say, Then Moses, you will able to, or then Pharaoh will relent, or my people will see and rise up against Pharaoh......but God said I WILL BRING out my division.

I love 1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Due time here actually is referring to God's time...God's perfect time, where it glorifies Him the most, and He can make himself known. God, could have immediately made Pharaoh understand, and turn the Isrealites free...but to maximize His glory, he chose His timing. We need to be careful not to get out ahead of God.....seek the Lord, in what we are doing and he will direct our paths...in his timing.

Luke 4 One of the stories I grew up reading and the first thought, the first thing we learned in Sunday School is.....study the bible. Jesus knew Scripture....and refuted Satan at every turn with the Word of God. But the verse that jumps off the page this morning is;

6And he (Satan) said to him (Jesus, as he was tempting him the dessert) , "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7So if you worship me, it will all be yours." Satan lies....he promises things he cant deliver....he promises big things, that are attractive, luring, worth chasing after, but Satan dangles them, with the promise of "it will all be yours...if you just worship me" and that takes different forms. Today, Satan is fighting for souls....through, chasing the almighty dollar, splitting families, making us busy...and these on the surface are just THE WAY THINGS ARE.....but a soul not won for Christ (as we know) is a soul won for Satan. SO if Satan can just busy us up, or make not being a Christian look better than following Christ, then he has won.
As followers, we may take this for granted.... but the urgency to share the love of Christ is there. Also, we are a fun bunch, i would say.... and we need to involve those who aren't followers into our fun, and not have the "holy huddle".

AND we better know scripture.

No comments: