Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Drawn Out

10 When the child grew older, she took him to Pharaoh's daughter and he became her son. She named him Moses, [a] saying, "I drew him out of the water."

Exodus 2

Funny thing about the name....Pharaoh's daughter drew Moses out...but God would draw him out in a different way.

I watched a video (youtube) of a man last night, who's 2 year old son(Bronner) drowned his swimming pool. The man (Rick Burgess) is a famous radio personality in Alabama and comedian.....I am a fan. This brother....in the strength of God, preached one of the best sermons I have ever heard. He was drawn out..... he mentioned in his sermon that had he been given a choice.... to lose his son.... or to eternally impact hundreds...... he would have chosen his son, but God knew that...and in His Grace spared him that decision. But now...having been drawn out......he uses the message with laser accuracy to the thousands in attendance.

I am interested to see the impact this guy has...my guess and based on this sermon..... he becomes a preacher. If you have time and want to watch......Its about 30 minutes in length....but check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PUHUZWyFeg (is the first 10 minutes..there are 2 others)

Mark 15


39And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and[d] saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son[e] of God!"

Isnt it amazing, that God can and does commonly use tragic events to draw people to him. This enemy of Jesus....was drawn to him. This centurion, a Roman soldier.....picked as one of the Roman elite... was drawn to and recognized that indeed, Jesus was the son of God. Until the moment of salvation for each of us.....we stand as enemies of God, centurions for satan... and by HIS grace we are saved, through faith.

God thank you for calling us. God I pray like Rick Burgess said in his sermon..... we arent one of the 90% of Christians who NEVER tell your story. It is such a great and awesome story.... why wouldnt we tell to anyone around us. Give me boldness, give me passion and much like Moses....give me the words, even though I dont think MY words are that important....I know YOUR words are. Your fame is worth whatever 'uncomfortableness' we have and we just need to GET OVER IT, get over our pride, or fear and just go for it, live a little.

No comments: