Saturday, February 23, 2008

Be Faithful in Giving to Others

Jenny came up to me after Tate's (our daughters) last basketball game with a check in hand.
Now I have been involved and coached many teams for my son and daughter.....and usually after a season I have a mom or dad hand me a gift card for Academy, or a scratch off ticket, or a thank you card with 20 bucks. I've always appreciated but it's no big deal, its not why I coach.
As I took the check i see that it is for Austin New Church for $500. A mom of one of the girl's I coached, gave it to Jenny and said she really felt impressed by God to help our church. Obviously they are believers, very involved in their church, but just responded as directed, the moment God directed them to. I called her to thank her, and told her that although I was honored, humbled and thankful....one thing I wasnt, was surprised. God continues to go before us. And what Austin New Church is about is reaching out and loving people.....and that resonates with believers and non-believers alike.
Just as this lady decided to bless ANC....let's be open to God leading with others....

1 comment:

Shane said...

the generosity of the Lord is good