Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Last Place I Looked

Exodus 18 is apparently a great study in leadership and delegation. Moses, while in the midst didnt realize the burden he'd saddled himself with. It took a fresh perspective, from someone that Moses obviously respected, for Moses to see, that indeed, he was being consumed by menial decisions and rulings when, he could share that burden with other men he knew could rule and direct as he would (in God's will).

Luke 15:7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Okay, so I have a few things I always carry with me; my iPhone, my Mac and this little red notebook I take notes in. It slips in the outside pocket of my Mac case. Two days ago, the little red notebook was lost, I couldnt find it. I searched everywhere...I replayed everywhere I had been, where I had put it (the case) down...was there anything in there of value to anyone? how was I going to remember all the stuff I had written in there.....was there anything in there identifying me...so that someone would call me when they found it? I looked in my truck...under the seats, at Kinko's (called them), my back yard, Austin Java (my second office) everywhere I could imagine. SO there is this range of emotion when something is lost...including dread, fear, despair, anger and I was just frantic....all this in about 30 minutes of not knowing....then I found my notebook....right where I had left it, in the sitting room of my house.....but it was under some papers I was looking at the night before. So that was the last place I looked. No need to go on searching....
JOY! RELIEF! HAPPINESS! ANGER! BUT MUCH REJOICING! .....all because what WAS lost...was now found.
This is why Jesus pursues us.....because we have value to Him, He cares for us, we are the image of Him, He LONGS to be in relationship with us (his bride).....
I hope we always rejoice with Christ when we hear of another soul being redeemed and rescued and found, unlike the brother in the story of the prodigal son.

2 comments:

Daniel Smith said...

TRAY! How did y'alls preview service go? I am praying for y'all. Glad to be catching up with how you are doing and what God is doing in your life through your blog!

Tray said...

Went great Dan...thanks for asking and reading.