Friday, July 18, 2008

Weapons

2 Corinthians 3-5 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

This set of verses, needs to be in all our minds as we continue to plant ANC. God DOES have the power to change lives…and we hold the keys to the Kingdom…for so many people.

What effort does a kind word, a phone call, walking across the street, a few extra minutes, lending a hand, showing some kindness….these are the weapons WE fight with.

I think I must be the last one on the planet to see this video (I’m a little bitter about that) ….but it tore me open yesterday as I watched. I was in Austin Java…. It is 8 minutes long….but after you watch 30 seconds of it…you will want to watch the WHOLE thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvDDc5RB6FQ

God used everyday people….to affect the people in the video for eternity. I love the woman who was diagnosed with MS…and her physician got saved….and she said…..WORTH IT!

God, I pray we are intentional as we go…and don’t let us become so calloused and busy that we don’t take time to engage those you call us to love. God….sharpen our weapons and strengthen us for battle. God, so that you may be glorified in us.

No comments: