Monday, July 14, 2008

ANC first baptism

Tonight was a really cool experience as we baptized, as a church, for the first time. Something I thought was the coolest thing.... and as we look back will be one of my favorite memories of all time.... was that the very first one in the water...was a girl named Tabatha, a homeless girl we have been ministering to.
I say we, but what I mean is that a few people have really fallen in love with her.... and want to help. Her story breaks your heart.... but she wanted to be baptized, as a believer....and we welcomed her into our church, our heart and God's family. She came up to me before the service and said.... I really want to be a member of this church! And I told her she was as much a member as anyone!
We baptized 3 others tonight, no less significant....and such an honor. What a sweet spirit tonight! This is what is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so encouraged to see Tabitha also! When we first met, her story really did break my heart and I thought about her for weeks, praying for her while I was out of the country. Then, when I got to come back to our church and was so glad to feel at home with this family-she was publically becoming part of it!! This is the most real church family I've ever known. God is surely pleased to be lifted up like this. I won't forget this Sunday.
-Joy W