Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sufficient Grace

1 Corinthians 15:8-11 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. (God’s word translation says; Last of all, he also appeared to me. I'm like an aborted fetus [who was given life]) wow..there is a word picture.
For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

Paul has previously identified himself as chief of sinners…now he identifies himself as lowest of the apostles…. if believers are “born again” then Paul may be saying…I am “barely, by the skin of my theeth” born again. An untimely birth these day has extremely low birth weights…. and it takes modern science to keep these little ones alive…..in Paul’s day it was ONLY the grace of God that kept a baby born “not to term” alive.

Paul’s recognizes God’s grace to pluck him from the jaws of death….. His grace and no other means. This is an amazing place we should place ourselves when we begin to think about our significance or our abilities in the scope of God’s kingdom

Your Grace is Enough
Your Grace is Enough….
Your Grace is Enough for me.

Your grace is enough
Heaven reaching down to us
Your grace is enough for me
God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love
Your grace is enough for me
For me

No comments: