Monday, July 28, 2008

Double Crossing

Joshua 3
Prior to crossing into the Promised Land, the Israelites camped out…and were instructed to consecrate themselves and to be ready for God to do amazing things. God gave Joshua specific instructions on how far to follow the Ark of the Covenant, it was about a half of a mile. I believe God wanted the Israelites to honor him, follow him…but at a safe distance, because he was to be feared.

Then God completed His salvation of the Israelites, the way he began it….by parting the Jordan and allowing them to cross on dry land. The Jordan was swollen, as it always was, at this time of year, but what would seem insurmountable for man….God is in command of.
I believe this was a very symbolic crossing not only for the children of Isreal..and their faith, but also as God shifted leadership from Moses to Joshua. He was saying…this man is my chosen leader for you….I can work through him like I did Moses. Follow him. Trust him.

No comments: