Thursday, July 03, 2008

"Great Door for Effective Work"

1 Corinthians 16:7-9 I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit; I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.

Notice Paul’s availability. He truly wants to spend time with the folks at Corinth….yet he senses the Spirit calling him to stay in Ephesus. He puts his desire second to God’s desire.

Also, a “great door of effective work” doesn’t always look rosey. In Paul’s case he knew going into it…there are many who oppose him. Sometimes, I look for the path of least resistance…and that must be God’s will.

God I just pray that your will, will become etched in our hearts…that our wills become secondary, that we will be able to stand up under adversity and attacks. Thanks for Austin New Church… and its heart to know, love and worship you. And in that, love others as we love ourselves.

No comments: