Friday, May 23, 2008

Grounded

Romans 3:27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law.

What do I have to be arrogant about? Paul makes it very clear that there is none righteous…not even one. Apart from faith, observing the law or adhering to codes, attendance in church, or abstaining from any behavior doesn’t cut it. So….if there is nothing that I can do…..then what I do have brag about….besides the Cross of Jesus?

God, please keep me grounded….aware of my own shortcomings, and always in constant fellowship with you. I want to be found faithful in the things that you give you pleasure, in the things that honor you and bring you glory. I am sorry when I elevate the very abilities you have given me….to the point where they hinder my witness.

No comments: