Monday, May 12, 2008

Blood of Martyr

Acts 22:19-20" 'Lord,' I replied, 'these men know that I went from one synagogue to another to imprison and beat those who believe in you. And when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.'

Grace itself isn’t cheap….the blood of Jesus was shed for my sins, and the sins of every believer. Jesus blood was shed for liars, thieves, adulterers, and yes even murderers. Like Jen said last night, Jesus makes no distinction between sins or sinners, He loves us all and ultimately died for all.

Here is a strange picture I was seeing as I read this passage this morning. I imagined Stephen and Paul….in heaven next to each other…. singing a song similar to the one we sang last night….”Holy is the Lord….Holy is the Lord….Who was and is and is to come” weeping…both forgiven…both glorifying God.

Father…thank you for an awesome time in your presence last night….thanks for the awesome gift you’ve given us. Forgive us when we do nothing with it. Forgive us when we quench your Holy Spirit and act contrary to the way you’d have us act. Give us boldness, courage and wisdom to live missionally. Give us non-Christian friends and encounters, break our hearts with what breaks yours, make us aware and uncomfortable and use us…for your Glory.

No comments: