Friday, May 16, 2008

Empowered Ambassadors

Acts 26:28Then Agrippa said to Paul, "Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?"

29Paul replied, "Short time or long—I pray God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains."

I love Paul’s response. This is the essence of selflessness. Paul recognizes that God story in Jesus is due a response, that the Gospel elicits some sort of decision. Henry Blackaby in his book Experiencing God say that “one cannot experience (or enter the presence of) God and remain unchanged.”

I pray for us…..that we recognize that power, and that we allow ourselves access to it, God’s power through his Holy Spirit. WE are not simply witnesses, we are empowered ambassadors. Much like Paul, who was told directly by God, we carry the same charge. As Christ said is Matt 28, Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
Jesus said to make disciples, to become followers, to die daily, to live as I have lived and love as I have loved….not just those who you think deserve…but those especially who you think DON’T deserve grace. And not just your neighbors, but people far away.

No comments: