Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Gift of the Holy Spirit

Yesterday was an awesome day for me. Didn’t accomplish much….but was just an awesome day of reflection, affirmation and hope. As I read today, I know that the Holy Spirit that guides me daily, and honestly steered our family to Austin….is a promise of Jesus and He acts and helps and guides and teaches as well as comforts, counsels and convicts

John 14:26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

What a great gift the Holy Spirit is to us as well as the disciples. The disciples were supernaturally reminded of EVERYTHING Jesus had said.

Also, I can almost hear Thomas whining…..how will we know where you are going? How will we know how to get there….and the answer is a key verse to our faith….
John 14:6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Not a way, one of many ways….but the way. I didn’t say it….Jesus did. He left NO wiggle room. People talk about Christianity being exclusive…..it’s not Christianity…. but Jesus. Whats funny is, he wants EVERYONE to follow….but he wants everyone to follow ONLY HIM.

Father, thank you for your Holy Spirit. For all that He does for us.

No comments: