Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Greater Things

John 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Acts3: 6Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong.

Peter and John were right in the middle of experiencing greater things. I don’t know if they had healed anyone before…but they didn’t hesitate in healing this man. The cool thing is what they did after, as those same people who flocked to Jesus (and eventually had him killed) flocked to them…because of the miraculous healing.
Peter set them straight. As Peter could have taken a little ‘fame’ a little of the ‘rock star’ status…he went straight after the Jews who missed it, and gave Christ all the glory.

This was probably a little bit different phenomenon in those days. Even Jesus, as he first started healing, told people do not tell anyone. Now you have these guys healing in the name of Jesus. This had to drive the Pharisees nuts.

1 comment:

Shane said...

I am eager to experience these greater things as well.