Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fruit

John 15:(4b)No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
Can you bear things that have the resemblance of fruit? I think you can….could we be doing the same things as a non-believer….and one be fruit and the other sin. Does it really matter?

8:This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
Fruit glorifies God. Good deeds without the spirit, do not. Fruit cant be fruit unless it is of God.

16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last.
Believers were created to bear fruit….if we are not bearing fruit…then we are either sinning…or we are not saved (chosen and appointed). Not much room there.

Is it fair to judge others? A previous pastor of mine, told us to be fruit inspectors. You will know they are my discples by their love (fruit) for one another…. I think we are commanded to pay attention to these things…so that we can spur each other to good deeds (more fruit). Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control (did i leave one out?)…against these things there is no law…..PLUS they glorify God.

No comments: