Wednesday, April 09, 2008

fill me

Guys this morning, I sit in room, that I sit in day after day, and I’m in need. I have been in God’s Word, I have been in His house, and I have been at His work, yet I have not been constantly ‘in His Spirit’.

John 20:21Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." 22And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

Jesus, keep breathing that breath of the Holy Spirit on me. As I find myself in constant need of more of you….I pray for myself and those I care for......refresh us, fill us, consume us. God, it is such a privilege and honor to represent you…yet without you in us, we are unworthy….we are unclean, we are merely sinners who believe in you. With your spirit, we are mighty warriors equipped for battle against an enemy who desires to ‘steal kill and destroy’. As you send us, it is apparent we need your Spirit.

Father, by your spirit, convict us. Make us see areas of our lives that we have conveniently overlooked, areas we hold private, areas no one knows about…and break our hearts. We desire to be HOLY because you are HOLY. You want us to be like you.

Father, by your spirit, console and comfort us. We all have hurt, and we all have areas of weakness. Make us whole, give us life.

God give me extra measure of your Spirit, pressed down and overflowing. My desire is to walk with you, to know your heart, to be hurt by things that hurt you, and to love those that you love. To know how to love them, to see their needs and , by your spirit, supernaturally give us wisdom and insight into their hearts. I am sorry that I have forgotten HOW to seek first your Kingdom.

Thank you Father.

No comments: