Thursday, April 03, 2008

Peace

John 16:33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The disciples world is about to be rocked…and Jesus knows this. So he speaks peace over them. He wants them to experience the calm within the storm, the peace that passes understanding, and peace like a river.

‘In this world’, the death of a loved one, loss of a job, national tragedy or betrayal of a friend invokes similar turmoil in our lives that the disciples experienced…and we beg God for His peace. This peace is truly a gift.

When my dad died suddenly of a heart attack 5 years ago….I was so unbelievably at peace….I couldn’t imagine not being a believer, and not having that peace that God provides his children.

No comments: