Friday, December 14, 2007

What does God want?

I am almost giddy as I write this. I have been looking forward to coming back to Austin since we left there two weeks ago. Jenny and I have enjoyed the parties, send-offs, nice words….etc. but its time to do this.

In this mornings Genesis reading..... the aspects of Abrams giving over the ‘really big stuff’ (lack of no children) to God and kinda clutching the small areas because we know how to handle those……poked me right between the eyes.

In our Matthew reading, I am reminded again…..dont lay up treasures for yourself here on earth, that moth and rust destroys and thieves will steal, but lay up treasures in heaven. How come it is…that the more materialistic we are…the more scared we are someone will take it? And God in the same breath says…..dont worry about tomorrow…..there is enough to deal with today.

31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

Apparently Christians and Pagans have the same needs……I guess its just our wants that differ….or do they? Maybe that’s why the following verse is Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you as well…..it keeps ‘our wants’ at bay…and more focused on God’s wants.

Tray

No comments: