Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Can I trust God with my kids?

12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

This has always been a challenging verse for me. WE like to say that we believe this but things we do in the name of "protecting our children" or "fellowship" seem to get us the company of believers ONLY.
I work very hard to rely on Gods protection within reason for my kids. I want them to reach to their lost friends....but i want them to be grounded enough not to be enticed away. I am pretty sure this is why the Mormons send Elders out in twos, for accountability.
I have taught classrooms of teens...who say that dont know ONE non-believer....how sad is that? They are home-schooled...and they go to church, and play upward basketball.
How can they be salt and light...if they are stuck in a closet. Now, my daughter...I want to keep in that closet until she is 30 (kidding...kinda).....but my son, I have already had a discussion with him about the move to Buda. I want him to be more like Christ in this aspect. He is very exclusive. He writes kids off....if they cuss, or cheat or do other bad stuff......but I want him to engage these guys and girls in order that they are attracted by the Love of Christ.
Its very easy for us as parents to rest in the fact that our child is living right....why would i mess with that....but i think its a trust issue, between me and God.

Tray Pruet - Associate Pastor
www.AustinNewChurch.com

1 comment:

Bartley Family said...

Good talking to you yesterday. Glad you told me about the blog so I can keep up with you guys. Praying for you as you step out to begin this new work. Go God!