Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Bless Missionaries

3John1 Delivered to Gaius by Demetrius

In my daily reading this week…as I was preparing to come say something to ‘my old church’ I found this passage (in 3rd John) …and Demetrius ( a missionary) hand delivered this letter to Gaius ….who the letter is written to.

5Dear friend (Parkdale), you are faithful in what you are doing for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you. 6They have told the church about your love. You will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of God. 7It was for the sake of the Name that they went out, receiving no help from the pagans. 8We ought therefore to show hospitality to such men so that we may work together for the truth.

I plan on using this passage this week at my old church. I hope they’ll consider partnering with us long term…but this is a note to the ‘flock’ during what I am doing in the Missions Minute….so it applies to all missionaries. Bless them. They aren’t taking money from pagans…so we the church need to step up and bless them.

No comments: