Thursday, December 27, 2007

compassion

dont know why....but the verse that really jumps off the page for me this morning is Matt 14:14When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.
Jesus had just heard the news of the death of his first cousin, who had baptized him...and introduced him as the Son of God. Of course Jesus drew a crowd these days...but I'm sure this may have been one of those days that Jesus would have liked to have 'an alone day'.....yet when he saw the saw the crowd...he had compassion on them... and he healed their sick.
Not only did he heal heir sick...but then he met a basic need for the entire crowd, he took what little they had (food)...and multiplied it and fed the 5000 (and had leftovers). Isnt that cool that God is still in the multiplying business. He takes what little we bring to the table... supernaturally enhances it, as only God can do....and then pours it out as a blessing.
God is dealing with me...and the little compassion that I DO have... may be the miracle today.....is that God is working with my few loaves of 'compassion' this morning. I pray that he blesses and multiplies it in my life that HE may be glorified as my compassion for others grows.

Genesis 2312 Again Abraham bowed down before the people of the land 13 and he said to Ephron in their hearing, "Listen to me, if you will. I will pay the price of the field. Accept it from me so I can bury my dead there."
again....in the vein of compassion....Ephron ....was moved to give what he had...to meet the need of a grieving friend. Apparently, Abraham knew Ephron, because he knew his name..and knew his land and of this cave.

God, i pray that your compassion runs through us.... so that we not only begrudgingly give..... but give abundantly to bless those in need.

Little Rock is chilly this morning....pray for us as we continue on to Gatlinburg Tennessee. Pray that we have good times with Jennys brothers and sisters... I hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying your kids during their holidays.

No comments: