Monday, April 06, 2009

Psalm 54 – Peace Through Pain

Psalm 54 – Peace Through Pain

7 For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

In light of where David was in his journey….he surely has had troubles, and more to come. But David didn’t ask God NOT to have troubles….he just prayed through them and thanked God for delivery from them.

I am super pumped about this coming Sunday and the videos we will be showing. They are real life troubles that people have experienced…C. S. Lewis said God whispers to us in our pleasure and shouts at us in our pain. In these true life stories….God is doing a lot of screaming…and its through that pain, that we get to experience His Peace.

I know its counter-everything-we-are to pray FOR troubles…..but it is in those times that I have leaned more on God. I saw an article one time on this subject…..
Whether suffering and pain created more Atheists or Believers. I tend to think the latter. I think that as we walk through life….fat, dumb and happy....the thought of a higher being, a greater good, someone who is sovereign doesn’t seem to make it on our radar. But interject 9/11….now, people begin to ask the questions. Have a loved one die….and folks are grasping for answers.

No comments: