Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ecclesiastes 1 - Trying to Rope the Wind

Ecclesiastes 1 -
"Look, I have grown and increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge." 17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.
Everything….there is nothing new. Why do we keep chasing in vain the things that allude us? Even wisdom?
What Solomon is saying…..if wisdom itself were all living was about…..it wouldn’t be worth living, would it?

I have known some who measure their ‘worth’….by the knowledge they have attained. I think deep down, like Solomon, they must know that the knowledge reveals the holes in their quest. It also reveals the need to explain the answers that elude even the wisest man.
Like Solomon says….its chasing after the wind.

No comments: