Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Psalm 25 - Where does my help come from?

Psalm 25:15 My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. 17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.18 Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins.

Lately, I have been asking and paying more attention to people’s testimonies. Not just when, they entered into relationship with Christ….but what were the circumstances. What brought them to the place of dependence on Christ ALONE for salvation….and 9 times out of 10, people are (as the verses say) afflicted, lonely, troubled, sick or distressed. They are ensnared.

It’s in these times (either being without God or separated from Him) when we have tried everything else….we’ve used our resources, we’ve tapped our knowledge, we’ve read books, we’ve ask those around us for help......

Where does my help come from?

….in my case, I saw my lawyer, I cried with my wife, I cussed, I drank, I withdrew…..only to look up and cry out. I turned to Jesus…I went to my pastor….who gave me biblical counsel. And Christ met me in my crisis. He led me through the tough times…not that He solved my issues….but He gave me hope in the darkness and courage to walk with Him. He refocused my joy only on things eternal and not temporal.

No comments: