Friday, February 20, 2009

Psalm 32 - Not Guilty? ...then quit acting like it

5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah

One interpretation of the word Selah is thought to mean…”think about it”. It is a pause in musical score of a Psalm….to give rest so the listener would actually digest the fullness of what the writer had penned. It is also similar to an Amen….or I agree with this!
So, this morning I paid attention to the verses immediately preceding Selah, and this one jumped out at me.
Brandon has said this, and I agree…that we cannot surprise God. No sin goes unnoticed and therefore, as believers….unpaid for….but the guilt of sin weighs us down, Satan beats us up with it, and we somehow become slaves to a forgiven offense. David is saying here…..not only is the sin forgiven….but the GUILT as well. And I love what Matthew Henry said about this….then ”God applies the healing balm by his Spirit”.

No comments: