Thursday, February 12, 2009

Psalm 26 - Welcome Judgment

Psalm 26
Vindicate me! Deliver me! Judge me! Redeem me! And be Merciful to me!
I don’t know if anyone short of Christ could stand before God and ask him to judge us. I read a book one time, sorry cannot remember the name, but it was talking about God’s judgment. It said, one of the things we have messed up….is that we think of judgment from a fallen world prospective. That we have seen people who judge as bad, we have seen bad judgment, we have seen judges in trials botch it…and overall we don’t want to be judged.
The bible talks about standing before God..at the White Throne of Judgment…and honestly, that makes my knees weak thinking about it.
Rev 20:11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books
But God’s judgment, though severe, is perfect. In God’s judging us, we are going to be made more into the image of His son. But, there will be a sense that through this…..we will know, this is right. God will not judge imperfectly….and David, in this Psalm projects an image of Christ.
11 But I lead a blameless life; redeem me and be merciful to me.12 My feet stand on level ground; in the great assembly I will praise the LORD.
God you are truly worthy of all our praise, and honor and glory. Thank you for your mercies and also…thank you for your judgment. Thank you for lifting us out of hell…and putting us on the solid ground…the solid rock of Jesus.

No comments: