Monday, March 31, 2008

Lather, Rinse....Repeat?

John 13:9"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"10Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean.

As believers there is a desire to want more of Christ. There is some significance to the washing of the feet, and not the whole body. Jesus is saying here… your body is clean, in salvation… there is no need to continually be rewashed... but the daily grime of the road….sins in our thought life, things we’ve said, stuff we’ve done, things we’ve harbored in our hearts…. Those are the dust of the day. We do need to clean up from those. I know sin has a residual effect, without continual cleansing….our hearts may become hardened toward sin.

God, I just want to thank you for Your atoning bath you offer. WE don’t need continual baths, because Jesus cleanses us completely.

No comments: