Monday, March 10, 2008

Judas--Resident Evil

Luke 22:3-Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve.

I've always wondered if Judas was saved, if we will see Judas in heaven, what had 'possessed' him to do this after following Jesus for 3 years. Now I am cannot comment on anyone's spiritual condition...even Judas', but this verse explains to me why Judas did what he did. First of all, this HAD to happen to fulfill prophesy. I firmly believe that God chose Judas for this to happen through. Much like he allowed Job to be tested by Satan, he let Satan use Judas to fulfill this act. I dont know if it was because of his lack of faith or involvement in major portions of the Gospels, he must have been a more behind the scenes kinda guy, or maybe he was skeptical of what was going on surrounding Jesus anyway.....but regardless, Judas has become synonymous with traitor, evil, even Satan.

One thing is for certain, although a follower of Christ, Judas....DID NOT...have the Holy Spirit in him (nor did the other disciples at this time), like we as "followers" do today. The Holy Spirit wasn't sent until after the resurrection. As a follower of Christ, after the receiving the Holy Spirit, I firmly believe that you cannot be indwelled by another spirit.

Another perspective to come at Judas with is that although a follower.....he wasn't a true follower or believer. Today we may see these as folks in church, who are in church because it is socially expected or good or business, yet do not have a love relationship with Jesus and therefore produce no fruit. Maybe the reason we never heard from Judas other than the betrayal is because he was casual follower, he followed at a distance and was never a believer or had any life change.

I must preface this by saying.....God's ways are not my ways...and His thoughts are not my thoughts, and I have no biblical basis for this belief...but I believe we will see Judas in heaven. I believe some form of God's grace will be or has been exercised and that Judas sins were forgiven. If i am totally wrong....I am okay with that. Maybe I'm just the eternal optimist.

God i dont even have to understand, nor should I even try to understand the grace that saves me....forgive me if i am way off base..... Your arm surely is strong enough to save even Judas.... We think about loved ones who have died...and sometimes wonder about their spiritual condition, whether or not they will be in heaven....figuring some probably won't, but that should encourage us to talk to the one's who are still alive. But the great part about it is.... it's ALL GOD....he is the impetus.... No one comes to the Father unless the Spirit draws. God, you have and will continue to glorify yourself, and when we get there with you....you will reveal all to us, so that we may know your plan and purpose. God thank you for your Holy Spirit who does indwell us....

No comments: