Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bring Your Best

Exodus 27:20 "Command the Israelites to bring you clear oil of pressed olives for the light so that the lamps may be kept burning.

Light of the world you stepped down into darkness, opened my eyes let me see....Jesus continues to be the light of the world, the source of light, even in the darkest of places, we (the lamps) are sent to radiate his light.

Isrealites were commanded to bring the purest of olive oil, my commentary read beaten (not crushed) olives, so Chirst is the olive...and the oil that comes forth is the fuel to us lamps. The passage did not specify who was to provide, so it is assumed that everyone was to provide oil, and it didnt say how much, so it is assumed that you brought as much as you had. Why shouldnt we, bring all that we have, of the best that we have? But why dont we? We settle for a tenth (or less) ...the bare minimum.....times in my life I have asked, is the tithe before or after tax....and I was serious... because that could make a huge difference in our financial giving. Tithing or giving isnt about a certain dollar amount for God, he doesnt care how much....he cares that your heart is giving the best (first fruits) that you have to Him......its His anyway, we are just stewards of God resources. I was told a looong long time ago by a Youth Pastor...and it haas stuck with me for years....."you can't out give God" and its true you can't, the Bible says Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. Oh yeah, that youth pastor was Brandon...

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures ...it took until this very moment for the disciples, the one's who witness ALL the miracles, heard all the parables, seen all the prophecies fulfilled, saw Him die, and walk into the empty tomb.....but not until HE OPENED THEIR MINDS could they fully understand the scriptures. This was the point in time, in my mind, where this group of lowly fishermen....became the scholars who wrote the new testament. To have Jesus' knowledge of the scripture, like when he was 13 teaching those at the Temple.... invade and permeate their minds, lets you understand how the disciples who were scared to be seen with Jesus days earlier, and absent at the crucifixion, and denied Christ....will boldly proclaim and die for Him.

God, I want you to open my mind and give me that kind of understanding, so that i may better serve you.

No comments: