Thursday, March 06, 2008

Been There, Done That...Got the T-shirt

Exodus 23: I guess this is a T-shirt for Jewish people. I cant imagine this being a big seller here in the states.... unless it was in a Jewish community. Its more of a promise and a possible reminder of why they occupy and have been fighting in the same land for 3400 years. I've never quite understood from a historical standpoint all the ins and outs of the Nation of Israel, and I read some commentaries and still havent settled it out, but what is apparent is that Israel occupies the land that God directs in this verse Exodus 23:31, yet other nations want to lay claim to the same land. I am open to a more clear perspective on this... and this is why I bring this up this morning.

Luke 20:39 Some of the teachers of the law responded, "Well said, teacher!" 40And no one dared to ask him any more questions. This was a time where they were trying to trap Jesus..and I bet you that after answering the questions regard the resurrection, this teacher or group a teachers blurted out..."well said!"... but I bet that didnt go over very well with the other teachers. I can imagine them walking away...and saying...."what the Hebrew was that about... agreeing with that.... that.... Jesus."
Whats funny is that these guys heard a word form the Lord.... and gave a hearty AMEN! A response when the Word of the Lord comes forth. An agreement with what God is saying through His Servant. We had a guy at our last church, who would in a very deep booming voice give plenty of AMENS! when a strong word was spoken. Another pastor I once heard at a kids camp.... said, adults say amen..... children say "Thats what I'm talking about!" so you had this service with Kids belting out "thats what I'm talking about" it was very cool. I just like the fact that when the word of the Lord is spoken.... it elicits SOME response.

1 comment:

Shane said...

AMEN - in honor of Mr Hoene!