Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Eyes Wide Open - Ephesians 2

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Works do not justify, but the justified man works.

This really lets me know it’s about the journey…not only the destination. Growing up in church I don’t know that I was ever taught about the journey. It always seemed about the destination….whether it was my own spiritual maturity (which seemed to be a far off and unattainable goal) or heaven…those two things were so far off it left me uninterested right then.

We were told we should be saved, invite all our friends to church so they could be saved and invite all their friends. I love the fact that God has prepared works for us (opportunities) and that he has prepared us to do them. It doesn’t really matter if we are a seasoned veteran or brand new believer…..he has prepared works for us, at our level…we just need made aware, remain available and open to them.

So be encouraged this morning, enjoy the journey, invite others along the journey with you and keep your eyes open to the opportunities to do good works.

No comments: