Monday, May 17, 2010

Jesus Made Me Fumble - Philippians 4

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12-13

Paul literally says, I know what it means to live hungry, in scarcity and with need…..but I also what it means to live so that I can relieve the needs of others.
To Paul, having plenty meant being able to help others. When God blessed Abraham….he said I will bless you so that you can bless others. So many of us (Americans) hoard. We believe that our time of blessing is for us, for our retirement and for pleasure. Paul never looked on blessing for any this.
If you watch any college football, you have seen Teebow or another athlete, with Phil 4:13 on their eye-black strips. Athletes love envoke the power of God for their benefit on the field of play….but I have never been convinced that God really cares who wins football games.

VIDEO

Hope you guys have a great day and week. We have already breezed through 3 books of the New Testament…on to Colossians tomorrow.

No comments: