Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Encouragement – 1 Thessalonians 3

So what Paul recognizes is that this baby church could be on the brink. They are in that fragile state when they may feel that they are “laboring in vain”. There really is not much worse than working for something and seeing no benefit or payoff. I think we must remain encouraged that God is doing amazing things throughout the body of Christ, not only ANC but throughout the area, I am hearing amazing reports of unity and movement unlike any other time in recent history.

Like Paul did, I want to encourage you with this…..we don’t have to close the deal. Part of what we learned or are learning through the TK Primer is to just be natural….the ultimate payoff ISN’T to get someone to come to church….and we may never see the ultimate payoff, but that’s not our job. As Hugh Halter told us when he came down and spoke to our Restore Community a year ago……”Just Chill”.

I know being a part of something new and exciting is an amazing ride….and you want people to join you in that. But I hope that you recognize that ANC is more about faith communities than Sunday gatherings. It’s about the JOURNEY. THIS…..me reading God’s word with 12 guys is amazing to me….and as much church as I have ever been a part of. POKER….with you guys….and your friends who have ZERO spiritual context whatsoever….that excites me to no end. My back patio with a fire and “God and Life” discussions….amazing, God shows up. So let me remind you…..chill, be natural, allow the Holy Spirit to lead.

No comments: