Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dont love stuff or money

Hebrews 13

5Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

This verse was right behind

4Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

WE know the marriage bed is be kept pure....and we dont have a problem calling the sin of sexually immoral.....immoral. But I can say for myself...that something I must always keep in check is being content with what i have...and i have alot.

The odd thing about verse 5 for me that God tells us to not love money and be content.......because He will never leave us or forsake us. I would never conect the two, outside of the fact that maybe as we amass earthly treasures...or 'hoard' as the bible calls it....we are putting our faith in our stuff...or our own ability to aquire wealth.

Moving to Austin was initially a real struggle for Jenny. And it kept coming back to security. I know for women this IS an issue. And me seeking God's best for our family..in my opinion...is following after Him regardless of security (financially). I have grown up with money...had money my whole life...but I've also seen my family lose millions in bad real estate deals....so we were worse than most poor people....we had 'debt up to our eyeballs' literally....we just didnt live like it.

Isnt that crazy that....ALL of us (believers) are indebted 'up to our eyeballs' to Christ.....yet most dont live like it. Not like I can pay Christ back...but I feel that i must;

offer my body as living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is myspiritual act of worship.

No comments: