Monday, November 19, 2007

As we walk..

Funny that reading "Walk Across the Room" by Hybels, caused me to think more intently about this verse. Last night, one the guys in our small group talked about getting "stuck" when a question was asked, as he was sharing the Lord with someone. And as a man....I had to agree...the fear that we have of getting shot down...or having a questions asked we cant answer is real....but this is 'pride'.

15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander

Be prepared...to give an answer....educate ourselves. I dont think its enough to just know that we ware saved....we must be able to share why....we have hope.

2Timothy says 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction

Guys hear me in this....It scares the fool outta me too! But no matter where you are in your journey....you should always be growing. If you arent growing or putting yourself in a place to grow.....your walk will be deminishing and hurting. Its not an overnight thing....but this transformation for me came from years of pressing into God (daily scripture reading) .....surrounding yourself with Godly men( like we are doing now) , making choices that call you up and out (going on a mission trip instead of a golfing trip) searching inward to see if there is any sin issues you need to lay at God's feet, and just making the constant choice to honor God with our lives.

Funny thing is...the more we know God....the less secure, less entitled we feel, and the more humble we get. Honestly, I dont at all feel worthy to be called to be a pastor. I just realized a call to service of Him..and in the meantime, it makes this call more real to guys like me. I covet your prayers and I need your grace....cuz I'm new to this.

No comments: