Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My power is....LAME!

1 Peter 11:b If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.

Have you guys ever started a God thing….and lose focus. I know I have. I have started many books, quite a few studies, or a group, or teaching a class, or helping out with a project for God…then somewhere down the line, lose sight of the fact of why I am doing it. Then all of a sudden it becomes a freakin chore. I hate that. I complain, look for a way out, and then suddenly realize….wait a minute I am no longer doing this in the strength God provides, but my own strength.

The cool thing about Austin New Church, for me….and Brandon knows this….I have been praying to be a part of something so much bigger than myself that only God be the one pulling the strings. I have done ministry over the past several years, but it has been (more times than not) so ‘in the box’ and ‘routine’ (For me) …….that I found myself wondering if God was being glorified or sometimes if he was even in it.

I have been so stretched by God…over the past few months that I know God has me where He wants me. I was asked by a guy this morning at a Mens Fraternity meeting….how I was doing…..specifically he asked, “Are you being stretched or what?” and I said “without a doubt I am!” This man came to know the Lord later in life and he is about 70…and does tons of ministry with the Bill Glass, prison ministry.

No comments: