Monday, December 29, 2008

Tug-O-War - Psalm 6

Psalm 6:3 My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long?

David, I think is playing this massive game of ‘tug of war’ with the world. Like all of us do….wrestling with the desires of a sinful heart and a yearning to be ‘the man after God’s own heart’. This is the daily struggle of those man enough to admit it.
What a transparent look at a king who poured out his heart, his tears and emotional capacities, not afraid of who would notice….and even realizing that even his enemies would be troubled by his state of emotion, to the point of confusion or possibly their conversion. Whatever the case…..David knows the Lord will glorify himself.

This verse took me back…to a time of brokenness, a time when all I desired was God. What’s wrong with me…when I have other desires?

1 Peter 2: 11 Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.

Better is One Day- Redmon
my heart and flesh cry out
for you, the Living God
your spirit's water for my soul
I've tasted and I've seen
come once again to me
I will draw near to you, I will draw near to you

Matt 5:3"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

God I know you claim my heart….take it over. God, break my heart…because I am selfish, because I am sinful, because I am never close to you. Draw me unto yourself….I want to be where you are…..

No comments: