Friday, December 26, 2008

Enemies - Psalm 5

Psalm 5:12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

I love the favor and shield of God. I am, however, only Righteous only by the blood of Christ. So the Lord gives favor on those he saves.

Romans 5:19 For just as through one man's disobedience many people were made sinners, so also through one man's obedience many people will be made righteous.

I praise God for my righteousness…for it only through him that I am. I guess that is as simple as it gets.

My neighbor, doesn’t believe in that man is sinful. He doesn’t believe that Adam brought sin into the world. By his own admission, he picks and chooses “what works for him” from the bible. Apparently.

I think if a man calls himself a believer, yet doesn’t believe in sin, Satan or hell…..he must then not fully believe that he is in need of a Savior…and therefore Righteous on his own….or Self-Righteous.

The Self-Righteous is who David is speaking of when he calls them ‘enemies’ and says;
9 Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit.

God, I lift up your enemies this morning. Allow someone to speak truth to them. Allow them to see your goodness…and their own depravity. God continue to allow the opportunities to tell your Simple Story of Christmas…throughout the year.

No comments: