Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Lord's Delight

2 Samuel 22:20 He brought me out into a spacious place; 
 he rescued me because he delighted in me.

I am reminded this morning, that our Lord does delight in us. He rescues us…and puts us in that spacious place.

A couple of other verses backed this up for this morning.

First is the 23rd Psalm. “he makes me lie down in green pastures” is that spacious place, where I am safe, taken care of, and have plenty.

One of my favorite verses in all of scripture is Zephaniah 3:17:
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Again here, the Lord rejoices over us with singing….because he takes such delight in us. This verse was part of a benediction I did… several weeks ago, and I’m sure it will be again.

No comments: