Monday, December 22, 2008

Ferocious Judgment - Psalm 2

You know last night, Brandon mentioned that every time the angel of the Lord appeared to someone….the angel had to say, “fear not!” because the “glory of the Lord” was on them. It must have been very awe inspiring. It must have been, brilliant, shocking, scary, beautiful and moving. And that was THE GLORY of the Lord.
How much more then would you be terrified of the Lord’s wrath?
Psalm 2:5 Then he rebukes them in his anger and terrifies them in his wrath, saying. 6 "I have installed my King on Zion, my holy hill."
Guys, as Christmas is upon us….I am humbled that Christ came to earth to bear the brunt of God’s wrath and anger. Admittedly, I am not as fearful of the Lord as I should be. We should never forget that the anger of God, that frightens men to death and makes kings quake….is still directed at us….Christ’s atonement and redemption stands in between us God’s ferocious perfect judgment.

No comments: