Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hedging

Judges 4:8 Barak said to her, "If you go with me, I will go; but if you don't go with me, I won't go."

9 "Very well," Deborah said, "I will go with you. But because of the way you are going about this, [b] the honor will not be yours, for the LORD will hand Sisera over to a woman."

Here is a crazy notion…and I am guilty of this as well…Barak trusted Deborah’s relationship with the Lord, more than he did his own. Barak knew what he suppose to do, I believe he trusted that God would give the Israelites victory over Sisera…but…a little added “insurance” never hurts.

Another thing that caught me off guard this morning…just an observation, I assumed that the “woman” that have Sisera handed over to her would be Deborah. In the end it was Jael, a member of a friendly tribe to Sisera’s. Whether or not she was friendly…she was obviously open to be used by God.

No comments: