Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two more things on IKE

So we had two families staying with us. One was a pastor and his wife...and his dad. The other were a couple and a daughter. The ladies were friends from work. So very first night, we had a great discussion on religion, the differences between Catholic and Baptists, communion, baptism among other things. Boni, the pastor asked me to close our discussion before bedtime in prayer....and I agreed if he would also in Spanish. During his prayer, he inquired if anyone wanted to have salvation and Irene said yes....and he led her in a sweet prayer. Right there in my living room, with the Weather Channel on, Irene (a 45 year old (mas o menos) hair dresser) made Christ the Lord of her life....without knowing all the answers, without learning more about God, without cleaning up before she came.... she just said, God I want to know you, like I have never known you before. I want you to come into my life and save me...and I want to make you Lord. Whatever that means down the road....we'll figure it out, but I trust you and take you up on your offer of new life.

Second thing, we are going back. We have started this relationship with these folks and we want to be a blessing to them....to help them, to help them help others. We have set up a fund on www.paypal.com enter donate@southaustincares.org go there and help if you can.

No comments: