Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fill me

1 Samuel 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.
Did God send an evil spirit, as the passage says to torment Saul?
Believe it or not, this gives me comfort to think yes….God sent an evil spirit to torment Saul. Why? Because I know He is Lord over all.
Keeping in mind God’s Sovereignty, we must know, God rules over all, good and bad. He uses all of his world to carry out His will. This includes angels…and yes, even Satans minions. Remember in Mark 5, he had “Legion” cast out of the man there and forced “Legion” into the pigs.
When God removed his hand (Spirit) from Saul, he was subject to the whims of Satan. And in his Sovereignty, acted with authority over the evil spirit.

Psalm 81:8-12
8 "Hear, O my people, and I will warn you—if you would but listen to me, O Israel!
9 You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not bow down to an alien god.
10 I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
11 "But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me.
12 So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices.

I think God wants to fill each and every one of us….he needs us to subject ourselves to Him. He does not forcefully take over. In David’s case, he was hand picked (elected) by God, and His Spirit came upon him. But there are still choices to make. As we know about David, he wrestles with God and his own flesh…..

God, continue to fill me with Your Spirit. Correct me before I am given over to my stubborn heart.

No comments: