Monday, August 18, 2008

More than enough

Joshua 18:7 The Levites, however, do not get a portion among you, because the priestly service of the LORD is their inheritance.
This verse jumped out to me as well. And like Brandon, I thought this was clearly unfair. But think about it…With land comes responsibilities, comes possible distractions, biases…and Levitical priests needs were met from the animal sacrifices, the tithes and the plunder from different wars.
I was reminded of the Psalmist writing…. Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 27 Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. 28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
We say we are dependent on God….but are we truly willing to be. Why do we think that God wasn’t enough? Why was my original thought about the portion of only God….not fair?

No comments: