Thursday, August 21, 2008

Your love will never fail, your love will never fail.

Joshua 21:44 The LORD gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the LORD handed all their enemies over to them. 45 Not one of all the LORD's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

After coming into God’s Promised Land, it was divided up, the Priests were given their land, and everyone was at rest. After 400 years in captivity, 40 years in the desert, several months (probably) of battles…it was over. They had arrived.

I think about my own journey, my walk in the desert, my battles…and look forward to the day that the Lord gives me ‘rest on every side’. I know that He has prepared a place for me….a promised land, because not one of the Lord’s good promises will ever fail.

This morning, I’m reminded of the worship song we sing:

The precious blood of Jesus Christ redeems,
Forgiven I´m alive, restored. Set free.
Your Majesty resides inside of me,
Forever I believe, forever I believe.
Arrested by your truth and righteousness,
Your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness.
Convicted by your spirit, led by your word,
Your love will never fail, your love will never fail.
I know you gave the world
Your only son for us
To know Your name
To live within the Saviour’s love
And He took my place
Knowing He´d be crucified
And You loved, You loved
A people undeserving!

-Hillsong, To know Your name

No comments: