Friday, January 11, 2008

Wrong Place Wrong Time

Matt 25 I think about the parable of the talents and think about the poor sap that only got one talent. The master only gave him one because he knew that one...may be more than he could handle, yet he still freely gave him one talent. I'm sure the master, while away...thought about that one talent, hoping for, the last guy to surprise him. Anything short of burying it (for the one) .... would have pleased the master.
This kinda speaks to my both-ander status. God gives all a chance, there is that decision that has to be made tho. Did God know the decision....maybe, ok yes...but maybe, anyway, I dont really know, but in this parable the last was sent to the same place as Pharisees, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I realized this morning that although I had memorized the "sheep and the goat' just a few short weeks ago, that I now....dont know it, like I did.

Gen 34 The story of Dinah is a sad one. I want to think... "its wrong place wrong time". Had Jacob followed Esau, and trusted God, then his family wouldnt have been in this land, and Dinah would not have been out where Shechem could take her. I think about Jacob and his deceitfulness and how that is carried down (or passed down) to his sons. And his son, in my opinion, take it to a whole nother (new-other) level. They not only are deceitful, but they use religious practices of circumcison as a snare. And for Shechem to agree, should give him a little bump in credibility. Maybe he did love Dinah, and the two crazy kids got caught up in lust, whatever the case, the brothers took out revenge on not only Shechem, but the entire clan.

3 comments:

Shane said...

you had me spoiled by the daily posts to the blog

Tray said...

sorry dude....i'll catch up

Shane said...

ha - no i just enjoy hearing what the Lord is speaking to you

now i have lots to read!